Saturday, January 29, 2011

If only it was so easy...

Today at the park, i was privy to a wonderful display of love from two magpie parents. Their babies were asking to be fed as I sat in my car, enjoying the wonderful airconditioning (humidity was over 85% ergghhh).
anyway, Emily was gladly scoffing down some KFC and the magpies were yelling at us.
Baby number one started squawking (much like my 4 year old at dinner time ,because if I didn't feed her then I may just get a punch in the guts!!)
An obligatory chip was tossed their way and mummy bird promptly tried to 'kill' the chip. Can you imagine us doing that? LOL.
baby bird, hopped over to mummy bird and with much yelling opened its mouth wide to receive the most wonderful starch stick on earth.
If only it was that easy for us..we could eat, and set our children below us and regurge our lovely stomach contents, no washing up, no cutting up and no "please eat your vegetables".
No tantrums (because if you didn't eat it children then you would bloody well starve, no other parent is going to regurge for you, you may not be a curry lover after all).
So seeing those gorgeous maggies made me think of the simplicities that have left my life of recent..time to get those back, and if it means watching the joys of regurge then so be it.

No comments: