Monday, March 28, 2011

I like to dance..but I do it better in my sleep

As most of you know I am a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer, most of my joints, especially my knees are cactus...I hobble like an old woman most days and to be honest I look awful when I'm out. Pain killers do not work unless I want to be Amy Whinehouse(only fatter).
So when I get the chance, through the day with chillie or on my own I like to dance..yes I know...the visuals are overwhelming....ever seen the movie "the jerk?" well I'm a little like that..gotta get my rhythm on..although my eldest daughter tends to roll her eyes and pretend to gag at some of my cool 80's moves like the chicken scrap and my attempt at being Madonna in like a virgin.( I don't own a ra ra skirt, fleuro socks or that sexy blonde hair anymore but the black eyeliner still abounds and those beads are somewhere in the back of my closet).
Ava is quite happy for me to dance whatever..her favourite move at the moment is called the duck swim, its quite unique really.
We all love our favourite music..I like my 80's music and am a little partial to heavy metal, Ava is obsessed with house and funk music and loves jazz, although most days she asks for Metallica.
Emily like the usual teen crapola but I have cultured her a bit and she likes to listen and dance to Michael Jackson, The Eagles, M &M music factory etc.
In my dreams my dancing is always so superb, I love it when I dream of being a ballet dancer or a club dancer complete with latex dress!!. the reality is my dance moves are not so slick, or so grand, but at the end of the day, if music is on in the house and I even just click my fingers or tap my feet my inner groover is happy, you just have to take those small moments of bliss you allow yourself and run with it.
So in cripple city, if you ever get the chance to see me dance don't be surprised if I crack out the old bum shake or pretend to give you a lap dance, because its just me expressing my inner Britney....just ask my kids how 'special' my dancing is LOL..it really does make them love me more I'm sure!!.



1 comment:

Parenting Premmies said...

hehe, we really would do well together, I love to dance. Even if it's a bit un-co. LOL