Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tomorrow..when the war began.....

As most of you know, school goes back in W.A tomorrow and I am super glad my big girl is moving on to year 9.
This year she will sit several scholarships for boarding school, secretly I am hoping she gets in to a really good school but sad at the same time.
You see, she is very close with her little sister..if and when Emily leaves I think Ava will be hit hardest of all. :(
they play together, hang together and even when they fight it never lasts for long, someone always cuddles someone else and sorry is used alot.
I love that Emily puts miss A to bed sometimes.....and that miss A asks Emily to bath her.....and Em , most of the time does not say no.
I am homeschooling Ava as of tomorrow, it's going to be exciting and frustrating and probably tiring.
I don't have a huge amount of energy anymore but I promised myself that this year I would take care of me. My treadmill is gathering dust and my legs don't exactly work very well but if I can manage even 10 minutes I will be happy.
The best investment I have made is this X-Box Kinect..I even bought two more games today for fitness!!.
Crazy for me really, but I'm sick of being stared at and looked up and down by fat haters.
I have managed to get back off the 4 kilos I put on over the holidays YAY ME!!
Back to my old one and a half meals a day and lots of water!!.
So I'm warring with myself..anxious about homeschooling and hoping Emily settles well into year nine without being too mouthy with her adult talk (she rubbed a few teachers up the wrong way by challenging them last year)....she didn't want to be treated like a moron and fair enough, but I have sat her down and told her sometimes it is better to just let it go and put your head down in class...won't do her any favours if she challenges a teacher who thinks all 14 year olds are the same will it?.
Ava is not quite 'cool' with the whole home school thing..I have put things in place so it feels a little like a classroom and this is mainly to get some discipline happening so she listens.
I'm sure over time she will improve (insert crossed fingers here).. its a big adjustment.
By the end of the year I should be fluent in basic Indonesian, cooked a thousand pikelets, cakes and slices, got my toes wet at the beach and have permanent paint stains on my top.
Whats more important is that both my children have a sense of security and confidence.
That they feel they have achieved something this year that's relevant to them.
As for me , I hope to be at least 20 kilos lighter (baby steps please), have at least established some kind of business plan for my photographs, painted at least 3 paintings, read at least 10 books, pierced my nose and taken some time out for myself.
Lets hope my marriage improves and my husband and I can get back to being a couple who have fun.
Most of all I hope that by the years end I'm able to say 'no' more often and that happiness reigns supreme..


No comments: