Thursday, February 3, 2011

homeschooling, unschooling, bloody schooling!!

I'm not that organised yet but have managed to at least write a lesson plan for the week.....in between making frogs, explaining what an 'eye' is in a storm is, having apple pips shoved at me to be planted, wiping dirty hands from lunch which quite frankly should have been wiped on her pants like a normal kid, being told I have to do English NOW!!! this very minute or I might end up in the bin!!.
I wonder if I will ever be able to do this whole home school thing and keep house, give my teen the attention she needs satisfy my husband and pursue my dreams without falling in a physical heap of poo.
Today Ava's keeness just went on and on and on..how do you tell them formal parts of schooling are over for the day? I mean she did not want to stop and that's o.k but I have to do the washing sometime and go to the toilet.. "No mum you can't!! I'm working and you are my teacher capeche?" yep she used those words.
I eventually sent her shopping with her dad..complete with a list which as usual she took charge of LOL.
Apparently whilst cruising the aisle on her pretend scooter she yelled out very loudly "DADDDDD!!!!! did you see the redhead?" I suppose its better than calling out "DADDDDDDD did you see that Ranga?".
Oh the joy of 4 year olds, or should I say nearly 5 year olds.
I suppose in a way, the methods of teaching Ava at home totally suit Montessori style perfectly, she embraces activity (sometimes a little too much) and pursues the one thing vigorously.
Downside is, mummy might find herself sleeping on the job or getting sick of making cupcakes or just heave at the smell of too much glue, either way I'm sure my little sponge will flourish and prove to everyone how capable and strong she is..even if we still have to wear ear muffs out and she spends her time burying her face in my side or averting eyes continually so she thinks she can't be seen.

                                               'CONEY' THE FROG

No comments: